TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena fans Unite: Introduce Yourself

View Single Post

Old Feb 27th, 2004, 01:56 AM   #4
country flag Nabalonge

Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute
I started watching tennis while I was in middle school. My favorite player at that time was Arantxa Sancez-Vicario. She had a flair and style I really liked. Venus and Serena immediately caught my attention at a time when my eyes were being opened by numerous players and the game was picking up with veterans and new talent.

I consider a fan of both Serena and Venus, but in terms of Serena I think I became a fan of hers for life not necessarily based on her playing style, but on her after match interviews. I saw a girl who didn't back down and one who held herself up with much intelligence and wit. The fact that she continued to win and break barriers certainly helped

There are many things about Serena that I love but I think I admire her fighting spirit above all else. I remember one time Serena was down (I cannot remember the oppenet) but the camera audio caught Serena telling herself, "Fight Serena, fight". Serena won the match.

Nabalonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote