TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

View Single Post

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #45
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold
Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
He's too good of a coach, too established in tennis to do that. And that's what happens in sports business - you split and find a new place to work. Not that big of a deal.
I guess for me, it's an issue of confidentiality and Maria facing Hoggy's future player in a big tourney and being at a competitive disadvantage because of it. I know it happens (after all, Maria "stole" Hoggy from Li), but just leaves a bad taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I was just kidding
I was mostly kidding, too. I don't know much about coaches so maybe Sears is a good coach, but his track record with VIP leaves a lot to be desired. I almost think he has to prove himself in being able to take a player to the next level, and I don't like the idea of Maria being that "trial" or "proof point" player if it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Some suppose that it can be Brad Gilbert. It would be not bad I guess.
Again, don't know much about coaches, but I cringe at this one mostly because of his twitter and inability to pronounce/spell players' names correctly.

Also, I don't like the fact that she said "in the next few days," mostly because it means we won't find out this week as she's probably not releasing information over the weekend. Maybe it will be a picture during her first(?) practice post-Wimbledon the week before Stanford.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote