TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena fans Unite: Introduce Yourself

View Single Post

Old Feb 26th, 2004, 03:02 AM   #2
country flag Dede42

Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice Dede42 is just really nice
Hi Stef, well I can truly say I'm a die-hard Williams' fan. But, Serena is my favorite. I think I fell in love with her when she beat Martina Hingis in the US Open for her first grand slam. I was a die-hard Billie Jean fan back in the day. But, after Billie Jean retired, I kind of lost touch with the tour and the game of tennis. I've never really seen Steffi play and I probably wouldn't have been a fan, since I would have been rooting for Monica in those days. Then Venus came along after Serena and took her first GS at Wimby and then the US Open and repeated the next year. I really got into the game then. Around the next year 2002, Serena really started to come into her own and winning titles. She plays with such intensity and I admired her style of play. The strength and accuracy, the cunningness and the serve. She had the whole package. Contrary to popular opinion, I do not think she is out for the count. I think she is waiting to come back 100% and she is going to blow everyone off the court again. I can't wait for the day to see Justine's fans crying in their beer, when Serena whips her like a step child again. Serena just always comes through for me. She has the desire, so lacking in everyone else on the tour. You can never count her out. That was never so aptly displayed at AO 03 during the semis against Kim. She came through and started to own Hingis, then JenCap and now she's going to come back and reclaim ownership of Justine. I believe it. I believe in her.

GO SERENA!!
Dede42 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote