TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

View Single Post

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #3623
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

I don't know for a fact, obviously, but I think nobody here knows for sure, it's just my feeling about this. Alex might be strong mentally, but first she needs to solve her fitness problems. And those problems never cease for her

I am still waiting to see that one Romanian player who takes her professional tennis career in her thirties. So far almost all of them retired before they reached 30 (Ruzici & Spirlea both at 27), Dragomir was an was an exception and lasted til 33, but her career after 30 was a joke, always injured and always ranked around 300-400 in the world. Gallovits-Hall is 28 and already took a long break before calling it a career (I'm 100% sure that she only has a few tournaments left to play). It's just something that Romanian players do. And almost all of them blame it on the injuries when they retire.

I love to see Kimiko out there, but I strongly doubt we'll see any Romanians playing after 30 anytime soon. I repeat this is not a fact, it's just what I feel. And I hope I'm wrong.