TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #827
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Janowicz is almost 2m and Venus is about the same height as Martha, I don't really buy the too tall excuse. She needs to go back to her flatter shots and angles that's it.
Janowicz has a huge serve, of the kind no woman can produce, which is the main reason why he does well on grass. Venus is a couple of inches shorter than Maria (and just a couple of inches can be crucial) and also is more athletic than Maria and thus is (or was, in her prime days) able to consistently crouch down and hit the ball at a comfortable height, in a way Maria can't.

Last year I did believe her grasscourt problems were mainly just because she wasn't playing aggressive enough, but this year I realised she actually was trying to play aggressively, but the bounce just doesn't allow her to time her attempted aggressive shots correctly, especially on the forehand. In her two matches there this year, she probably hit her forehand cleanly less than 10 times.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote