TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep (Romānia)

View Single Post

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #4138
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep (Romānia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
Of course. The first time I saw her play was in Doha or Qatar 2 years ago on hard courts, and that's when I started to pay attention to her.
But she couldn't hold big hitters like Vika on hard courts. If she beats players ranked between 10 and 20 on hard courts then I am happy with that.
Well, that was last year. Clearly she plays different at the moment, of course, if she can maintain that level. Time will tell. The change is obvious, especially regarding the tactics, last year she was playing very defensive. I might add that Simona even though she is little, she hits the ball pretty hard. I think it's too much to compare her with Azarenka or with the top 3, not that Simona is not talented like them, but there a difference regarding the natural construction, a fact that is important at this level. Also, Simona has a big advantage called intelligence, also she is very strong mentally, that can push her up in the rankings if she stays constant.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!