TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep (România)

View Single Post

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #4134
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep (România)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
The only question I have about Simona now is how will she do on hard courts. I will get my answers only in 1 month from now.Will she get bullied by the big hitters or will she stay strong and beat them?
The power of the hitting on hard courts may be a problem, I hope not.
Still, a grass court is faster than a hard court. In my opinion, Simona's aggressive style of play fits perfectly on hard courts. Even though her results are not that great on hard courts, the results weren't great neither on grass before her win this year. I think Andrei Mlendea played a big part in Simona's tactical change, her game with Firicel Tomai was defensive, limited, attacking only when she was in danger to lose a match and still making many UEs in those kind of situation. She wasn't that strong with Tomai, now she has the mentality of a winner, of a champion, she plays exactly like she did in the Juniors Tour. I think 2013 is the year when Simona Halep found her style and her place in the WTA Tour. She just need to keep focus and not get bored, I remember seeing her play when Tomai was her coach and she wasn't even in the mood to play, she wasn't even determined. I think that was the lack of confidence she had and now she is full of confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!