TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

View Single Post

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #407
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

I agree that Bartoli deserves the title. Whoever wins a tournament ALWAYS deserves the title imo. Having said that, she's still the most unexpected player to win a major in decades for me. Ok, when you look at the list of AO and FO winners there are some strange names on there as well, especially in the 70's. But they usually won when the best players didn't compete. Marion won when everyone else was present and without her having to beat anyone in the top 15 - that's a very unlikely scenario. Even when I saw the line-up of the semis I was convinced that the winner would come out of the Radwanska/Lisicki match. But in this strangest of Wimbledons I guess it's fitting that Marion had one last surprise in store for us.

Btw, I'm not much of a Lisicki fan myself, but I'm nevertheless a bit surprised that so many of you seem to really dislike her. I think she's a sweetheart. Very emotional, but isn't sports all about emotion anyway?

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote