TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Tracy Austin - Chris Evert rivalry : eyewitness accounts needed!!

View Single Post

Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:50 PM   #6
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
AndyT, I hear you but...beating Chris 7-6 in the third (in Rome) is not exactly turning the rivalry around. People do beat other people. But I used the Us Open as the period where Tracy started winning in straight sets and it became a consistent thing. THAT'S dominating a rivalry. Previous to that, Chris clearly had the upper-hand, and at the 79 Open it was mentioned many times that the spectaters were 'silenced and stunned by what they were seeing' and the TV announcers were very surprised by the result. I do think that shows no one suspected that Tracy had gained significant ground on Chris until that point.

Also, AndyT, that was a good one with Hingis. Yeah, she's a really good example of what i meant. Three great years does not tell us the future.

Last edited by daze11 : Feb 22nd, 2004 at 07:03 PM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote