TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Chris Evert Thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 20th, 2004, 05:15 PM   #164
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
yes, and hilariously Martina said of Chris (when she was retiring) that she was proud that Chris had learned that a point WAS worth falling down over. And i thought, "Hmmm. did she?" And recently, Chris said, "No. I'd rather just win the next point." I thought that was hilarious. She keeps her girlie-girl crown fully INTACT!
I've said it before, and it bears repeating; Chris Evert was far and away the nicest and most professional player to all concerned when she visited our town last year for an exhibition. We've had Martina Navratilova the year before (and I won't go into how she was), Virginia Wade, Pam Shriver, Tracy Austin, Carling Bassett, Illana Kloss, Wendy Turnbull, Jeanne Evert, and many other ladies, and Chris made all her appointments, made the rounds and made sure she hit with every single patron of the event (not an easy task with 10 courts to cover in a 3 hour period, I might add), and was cheerful and outgoing the whole time.

Of course, I'm a Virginia Wadeaholic, and cherish my personal experience with her, but Chrissie moved up quite a few notches in my book after her visit here!