TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Chris Evert Thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 19th, 2004, 03:44 PM   #151
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
forgot to say it...Santorofan RULEZ with that info!!! Thanks, it's kind-of ESSENTIAL reading for the Chrisophile!

She never fully admitted some of that stuff before, to be gracious. But i dont see why people think she's being bitchy to say she could've won a few matches she didn't; Martina cries and whines about every call in every match...in fact I have not ONE match (and i have over a hundred) where this is not the case with Martina grandstanding and arguing calls that aren't even an issue. And no one calls her ungracious.

The two things i dont agree with her on is the 80 wimbledon final. I do think she was flat. But Evonne played great, deserved to win, she beat Tracy Austin in the semi, and could've had a 'let down' too. i dont think chris played that well in the semi where she beat martina. They were both flat. Evonne would've beaten her on the day she beat Martina too. 1980 wimbledon is not a chris highlight.

And she shouldn't think she should've beaten wade..she usually did beat wade, but wade had some victories, especially in team tennis, over chris, and the wimbledon match came out of the confidence wade had gained playing in america for WTT.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote