TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

View Single Post

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #309
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

An amazing back and forth match out there today. Most of everything, particularly in that 3rd set, was earned and not given away. Tremendous shot-making and variety throughout from both players and you could tell how badly they wanted to win. They knew the opportunity in front of them and they were leaving it all out there. As I said before, it’s a shame that this wasn’t the final.

Striking similarities between this match and the one Sabine played against Serena. Winning the first set, going into a huge lull and falling behind 0-3 in the 3rd, but finding a way to turn it around. I do feel badly for Agi. She played such a great game down 4-5 in that last set to even it up with some awesome returns on really excellent serves. After losing in the final last year, you knew she saw this as her best shot at redemption and winning a major with no Serena in the way. She played a typical, clean, Radwanska match, with few errors, mixing it up well, and showing some deceptive power. She did all she could and it wasn’t enough.

Credit once again to Sabine. She’s got the magic touch this tournament, never wilting when things get tough and raising her game every single time when needed. Marion has been a great story herself, but I don’t see Lisicki being denied after everything she’s overcome in this tournament. I look forward to seeing Sabine lifting that Rosewater dish on Saturday.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote