TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #812
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
This, but even more importantly, the US Open isn't even fast anymore. It's been probably slower than the Australian Open for the last couple of years, AND as you say it has a nice high bounce which fits Maria's game well.

The biggest obstacle for her at the USO is the wind, but if she gets lucky with the conditions, she's definitely capable of contending for the title there, as she showed last year.
I still think US Open normally is a bit faster than AO (which is not saying much, since AO is painfully slow). Maria's flopjobs there over the years since 2006 are really baffling and mysterious to me, since technically she SHOULD be loving the surface and contending on it every year. Last year she finally made the semis though and probably should have beaten Vuvurenka too if she wasn't so tired, so maybe she finally got a grip at Flushing Meadows. Let's hope so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote