TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #808
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I don't neccessarily agree here.
I think low bounce is much more of an issue for her these days for obvious reasons. She always does very well at Cincy, which is the fastest outdoor HC around these days. And let's be honest here - Maria is an offensive baseliner and shotmaker. She SHOULD be loving fast conditions.
This, but even more importantly, the US Open isn't even fast anymore. It's been probably slower than the Australian Open for the last couple of years, AND as you say it has a nice high bounce which fits Maria's game well.

The biggest obstacle for her at the USO is the wind, but if she gets lucky with the conditions, she's definitely capable of contending for the title there, as she showed last year.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote