TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM   #1925
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

You can find a virtually point by point summary in the Livescore Thread
Anyway, Anett had good stats (although they seemed rather generous to both players on the UE count) but simply had too many lapses in concentration, wasn't good enough on the big points, didn't return well for most of the match and the same with her serving. Every break against her was basically from a lapse in concentration it seems and she didn't seem able to really get a massive momentum run going. I mean, after coming back from 4-4 0-30 in the 2nd to winning it, you would think she'd be able to start the 3rd well especially given Bencic didn't go into Bitch mode and take a MTO or Recovery Break but instead gets broken and looks to go down 0-3... This match really could/should have been hers and it is a shame that she had to end her quite nice Junior Career on a loss like that in the 3rd Round of a GS and not actually having the opportunity to win one. Still, Pros is what matters. I still really would have liked her to get her 1st Junior Grand Slam here though as I really think she deserves it and it could really kick-start a dominant boost. This won't do good things for her confidence but luckily she has some time off before Wrexham and based on the Woking field she should be able to play herself into form as she will be seeded. Normally she does well against Top Seeds Not today

Still, I didn't watch the match and Bencic appears to have played an amazingly solid match. If she could win Doubles we would get to see her on a Streamed Court with a Wimbledon Trtophy: a nice Consolation prize

EDIT: The Stats especially the Rally Stats, are very telling. It's nice to see them record it all given that the WTA barely does One Positive is that she has a better BP Won percentage than Bencic Most definitely not a GP Won one though

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote