TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:07 PM   #802
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
She was in the semis last year, true, but I fear it may be an anomaly in the same way her Wimbledon final in 2011 is starting to look a hell of a lot like one.
Nah, Maria beat no one of note to reach the final that year, bar an extremely tight Lisicki who served no aces in that match if I recall correctly. Horrible match that highlighted the fact that Maria was not going to win the title.

On the other hand Maria's wins over Petrova and Bartoli showcased an ability to be aggressive and beat players who play first strike tennis, something she struggles with on grass. Not to mention the semi with Azarenka was obviously very close and she should really have won that. Maria will be fine and perform well at the USO I believe. Hopefully can win....
T496 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote