TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Words of Wisdom from Margaret Court

View Single Post

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #4
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santorofan
Nice quote, thanks for sharing....Wonder how much that has to do with everyone clubbing two-fisted backhands (and sometimes forehands) as well as advanced racket technology? Justine, Amelie, Loit and a handful of others use significant variety in their tactics, but with the advent of Graf, Seles and the Williams sisters especially, the emphasis seems to've steered towards over-powering your opponent to a much greater degree. So just as with Roddick and some of the other current male players, it does become treadmill to watch after awhile...except of course, with Fabrice Santoro
I have to admit, I can't stand Fabrice Santoro's style of play (human backboard- anathema to a serve-and-volleyer's mindset), but those buns of his are a work of art!