TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

View Single Post

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #2340
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Hey, Kanepi fans, congrats from a Kvitova stan. Saw the last set. Your girl played GOAT.

I hope we can see a rematch of the 2010 QF she played with Petra. And frankly, I almost hope Kanepi wins the whole thing at Petra's expense. It might teach her the benefits of getting in shape. Which Kaia has definitely done!
good post, thanks. that QF match broke many hearts at the time.

speaking of fitness, her physical 'makeover' would appear surprising, given she had been a pro athlete for almost a decade before she started serious work on fitness. how did she get overweight in the first place being a pro is perhaps explained by the lack of professional attitude and poor coaching in the early part of her career. she has had coaches come and go, but the physio she signed up in 2010 has been with her since then.

kaia's injuries of late sure have smth to do with her having been overweight for a good number of years as a pro. so this fitter and lighter frame of hers will hopefully last longer and finally give kaia the opportunity to realise her potential. she only started winning titles after she started her fitness programme in 2010. so yeah, getting fit is a prerequisite to succeess and injury prevention.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote