TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #773
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamserenavenus View Post
Everyone cursed themselves when they deleted my cheering thread for this one.
please choke on a rotten dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten4Me View Post
No offence towards any Maria Fan, but you people are worrying so much that Maria lost yesterday and even after 24 hrs you are discussing what caused this that etc and she is enjoying her BF's match. So move on
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I still can't help but suspect she and Hogstedt are spending too MUCH time on her serve in practice. I always hate when the tennis media reduces analysis of Maria's game to the outdated "her serve is a huge liability" theory. Her serve is actually pretty much as good now as it was before the surgery. Since the start of 2012, very few of her losses have been doublefault-fests, most of them have largely been caused by her groundstrokes malfunctioning. Some of her losses against Azarenka are the best example -- in most of those matches, she'd be hitting great first serves which Azarenka could only scrape a short return back, but then Maria would sacrifice the initiative because of her groundstrokes not being good enough.
pretty much.
Even serveboting part sucks when her serving pattern is so goddamn obvious, Brito knew what will come every single time.
And the complete lack of any initiative or first strike tennis in her game is quite painful. Of course most of the time it looks nice keeping ball in play for more than 3-4 shots, but its often still pretty useless. That first set against CSN in IW, I was screaming to the screen it was such a disgusting pushing from her. Okay, that was Peak Pusherpova but barely huge changes since that. Her whole season is mess seeing her tactic & groundstrokes. I dont know what Hoggy wants or where is her mind, but something lost in translation there.