TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #4928
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Yeah, I still regularly read some of the posts. Sometimes I'm tempted to post something here which wouldn't be a problem in itself, but I fear that if I start doing that I'll be back to where I was in no time. I'll probably get back to participating like I used to do at some point, but for now I won't, or I'll limit my participation to the occassional comment every now and then.

The TF thing that brought all this about was something that would have gotten nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders from me in the past. But I guess that with all the other BS that is going on at the moment in my life I'm much more sensitive to that sort of stuff right now. I was furious when I saw one of the replies to one of my posts. I was so angry that I started to randomly delete hundreds of my own posts. After a couple of hours I started thinking, "wait a minute. Wtf are you doing? If you get that upset over something so insignificant it's best to stop posting because this is just not healthy or even just sane bahavior." I was shocked by my own reaction. So my self imposed ban is an act of self-protection really. But as Arnie would say, "I'll be back" - but I don't know when yet. In the meantime I'll keep reading the player forums to keep myself informed about what my girls are up to, and perhaps I'll (very) occasionally add a comment of my own.

On a personal level there's at least some positive news in that the doc has said that it's likely that my niece will make a full recovery. The cancer was discovered at a very early stage and her chances of recovery are 90% or more. That has lifted my spirits a bit and hopefully it's a sign that my luck will start to turn.

Thanks for all the nice comments and words of support, I appreciate it.

PS: Wimbledon 2013 - the weirdest start to a GS tournament ever. for Caroline. The tennis gods really won't give her a break. I'm now rooting for Li and Radwanska even though it's almost inevitable that Serena will win it. I was also impressed with Laura Robson's match against Kirilenko. Much as TF is always arguing that she's just hype I admit that I'm a believer. You don't beat all the top players she's beaten when you're not even twenty if you're just hype. She's the real deal in my opinion. I'm not going to predict her winning slams just yet, but she's a future YEC player at least.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Jun 27th, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!