TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #632
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Maria is really unlucky at Wimbledon though it's not just the surface. Had she played on another court today she would have won and last year + this one as well she faced inspired opponents while not at her best. I think except the fall scares another factor was she just didn't expect her opponent to play so well, it took her by surprise and when she managed to up her level it was too late. In the first round she expected a tough opponent so she was focused from the beginning. In her PC she said "I wasn't there" that's what she said as well after the AO loss so I guess she needs to work on that.
That kind of comment makes no sense to me. But only Maria herself knows what goes on inside her own head.

This is WIMBLEDON. The biggest tournament in tennis. Maria's self-proclaimed favorite. The one where she was placing extra-emphasis on to do well at this year. From the early press conferences and her practice sessions, she seemed like she was in good spirits, confident, and focused. So all of sudden, in a second round match, her mind is gone? Just like that?

What was all the preparation for?

I guess Maria was at a loss to explain it herself because I'm sure she's still in shock over what happened. So I guess she deserves a pass on that kind of comment.

As far as the rest of the tournament goes, Serena had better go and win it. I don't want to deal with some ultra-lucky player being gifted this title if Serena were to somehow get injured or get stunned. Imagine if Radwanska was that player.

Honestly, I guess I'd also be fine if Li won it. She was in the Aussie final and has had moments of good play this year. Petra has sucked all year. She doesn't deserve this kind of title. Stosur? No. Jankovic? I don't think so.

Serena had better do her thing or I'm going to be even more upset.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote