TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #395
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
Probably that can be a motif. But it's all part of nature: you'll always get trumped by someone who's better than you. I think, if that was indeed what Maria had in her mind, then she was looking at the wrong side: Look at how fortunate she was in life, what she had accomplished herself. Why need to compare? She is already at her own league. Millions would kill for the life she has had. She doesn't need to be insecure, here.

If I were her, I'd keep my head held high, and let others expose themselves when their jealousies and insecurities finally ooze out of their skins. That's what champion is supposed to do: accept you own shortcomings, but make your assets shine the brightest.
Your first paragraph could apply to Serena as well. Why get so insecure even though she has a lot as well? I mean her match today it was just weird to see her be upset just because Miniella was making an effort in that second set. She was still winning. Players aren't always going to just bend over for her and she needs to deal with that.

And as for not watching players you don't like, that's such an easy answer isn't it? I'm just baffled why people don't actually do it.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote