TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #382
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I swear this is my last post on this subject and then I'm done. I think in a way Maria was fed up? She's fed up with being viewed as an also ran by the press because of her losing streak to Serena. Yes she's the glamourous blonde and there are many privileges that go with that but the downside is that she is not taken as seriously. Remember when people say Maria was just Anna Kournikova with a slam? She made an impressive comeback from an injury that has ended careers but because she didn't come back as fast as Kim did after having her baby or Serena after her near death experience there were those who were ready to write her off as a has been. I mean how can anyone forget the way the American press drooled over themselves when she lost to Melanie Oudin? For all the haters talk about how the American press kiss Maria's ass, they actually don't because Maria refuses to become an American citizen. When people talk about her it's often her looks and her glamour girl image they talk about first, not her accomplishments as an athlete which she has quite a few.

So yeah for all of what she's done, from becoming a self made millionaire to being in the history books forever due to her Career Slam there are many who still view her as an also ran just because Serena has done more and has done it at her expense.

Looking at all that, I can easily see why she would want to lob something back, instead of just taking the "no comment" route. She has achieved so much but it gets overshadowed by another player and that's frustrating to deal with.

And I'm done.
Probably that can be a motif. But it's all part of nature: you'll always get trumped by someone who's better than you. I think, if that was indeed what Maria had in her mind, then she was looking at the wrong side: Look at how fortunate she was in life, what she had accomplished herself. Why need to compare? She is already at her own league. Millions would kill for the life she has had. She doesn't need to be insecure, here.

If I were her, I'd keep my head held high, and let others expose themselves when their jealousies and insecurities finally ooze out of their skins. That's what champion is supposed to do: accept you own shortcomings, but make your assets shine the brightest.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote