TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Cheering Thread: Clay season!

View Single Post

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #3830
country flag Burbi

Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cheering Thread: Clay season!

In the Italian press conference she added that she came to London few days before to get used to the grass and do the right preparation; she said she made specific athletic exercises for this surface but that did not work. She said also that on hard and on clay she can make long steps moving, but here on the grass it is dangerous, so she has to shorten them, but having short legs she's in late on the ball. Another thing she said is that not finding the right "supports" (I mean, with the legs) she can't push her forehand. She's aware of having no propers "weapons" for playing on the grass (power, service, etc..) but that the most problematic hindrance is the moving. Last thing I remember of the press conference is that she really doesn't know at the moment how to free herself from the fear of playing on grass, because that's not a thing you can solve doing exercises. She hopes to find a way anyway.

I'm sure my translation isn't 100% correct, I have difficultes to use technical tennis terms in Italian too!!
Burbi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote