TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #2702
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

And here we learn the reason for the 10 security guards...

SHRIVER DIAGNOSED WITH MONONUCLEOSIS
San Jose Mercury News
Friday, June 24, 1988
Mercury News Wire Services

Pam Shriver, seeded third, announced Thursday that she has infectious mononucleosis, then went out and made Svetlana Parkhomenko feel ill by posting a 6-3, 6-4 victory.

"I was diagnosed last week through a blood test, but I've been checked out and given the OK to play, so here I am," Shriver said.

Shriver said she might have been stricken when she did not have proper rest earlier this month in a tournament in Eastbourne, England, and then was exposed to bad weather.

GRAF GROUPIE: Steffi Graf's notorious groupie has arrived. Jim Levy, the 50-year-old multimillionaire who shadows Steffi Graf's every move, arrived in time to watch Graf defeat Karine Quentrec on Wednesday.

Levy is already in trouble with Graf's father for showering her with gifts, including a Porsche worth $88,000, furs and jewelry.

"So what?" asked Levy, who is described as a playboy. "I like to give her gifts. I always watch her play whenever I can and I shall try to be here every day."

QUICK-CHANGE ARTIST: For the second time, Barbara Potter changed her shirt at courtside in the middle of a match. Unlike Monday, she enlisted the help of ballgirls who shielded her with towels. Nonetheless, her beige bra was visible and she received a chorus of wolf whistles.

"There is no rule against ladies changing their shirts on court," a Wimbledon spokesman said. "But modesty has always prevented them from doing it before. The practice is not encouraged. The committee has asked the WITA to pass this message on to Miss Potter."

ETC.: Wimbledon plays out the fifth set, and Derrick Rostagno and Marty Davis of San Jose seemed to play forever. Former Stanford standout Rostagno finally won the marathon 6-2, 6-3, 6-7, 4-6, 16-14.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote