TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Open your umbrellas! Grass season has started!

View Single Post

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM   #33
country flag Gary101

Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all
Re: Open your umbrellas! Grass season has started!

Halep (if she has any energy left), Vinci (she made the 4R last year and is improving at the slams) and Pironkova are probably her biggest threats being realistic.

I don't see Li making the QFs. She has only won 3 matches since Stuttgart. Her form in Easbtourne (like most of the Top 10ers) was awful.
Barthel has only won 1 match at a tournament since Indian Wells suffering 6 first round exits. She has been eliminated in the first round of the last 5 slams. Great player but seems to disappear after the first 2 months of the season.
Petrova ended last year in great form and has just dwindled away to nothing. She has only won 9 matches all season.
Pavyl is not great on grass. I see Pironkova taking her out in the first round.

Anything less than a QF will be disappointing. I really don't want Errani to overtake her in rankings as her draws will get more difficult. That and the fact Errani has never won anything more than an international title to be ranked 4 in the world.
Gary101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote