TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Romanian full results thread

View Single Post

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 08:19 AM   #201
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Romanian full results thread

Paszek - Cadantu

Paszek is obviously injured, but she will fight for her ranking. She loves playing in Wimbledon and will probably seek from the memories of her victorious past.
Alexandra on the other hand just doesn't seem to feel comfortable on this surface in general.
Paszek in a close straight setter

Halep - Govortsova

Simona is on fire and trashed her opponent 0&1 earlier this year already. Keeping the ball in play will always be enough for Govortsova who doesn't have the patience, nor the fighting spirit or focus to compete on a good level for an entire match.
If Simona shouldn't be too tired, this will be an easy straight set win.

Niculescu - Barthel

Simona can't win a match at Slams to save her life and Monica is a horror match-up for her. Nics should be all fired up by her great doubles success and she has nothing to defend from last year.
If she keeps focused, she should prevail.
It will be very important for her to win the 1st set, then I can't see Barthel being motivated enough to start a come back.

Cîrstea - Vögele

Nothing is predictable with Sorana, but she is going into this match with a 3-0 lead in the H2H and she is just by far the better player on grass out of these two.
Anything else, but a win would be really disappointing, but I can see her dropping a set for brainless reasons.

Begu - Torro-Flor

A match in which Irina-Camelia can just embarras herself. Torro hasn't played a single match on grass so far in her career and with the poor footwork of the Spaniard, even on her beloved clay, and her generally dire form this year, I can't see her doing anything on this surface now.
Irina-Camelia just won a doubles title and is getting slowly back into rhythm. This is the perfect warm-up match for her.
Must-win match, anything else would be shocking.