TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:36 AM   #195
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post

Sis... That'd be 0-6, 0-6 R1 loss
She does have a point about Maria's form in that tournament. Other than the the Cibulkova quarterfinal where she was awesome, having only 1 DF, she was pretty erratic overall. I still cringe over that Lisicki semi. Maria had 13 DFs, at least one in each service game, and still won in straights, which gives you an idea of the quality of the play.

Unfortunately, that carried over into the final where Maria was so tentative and defensive and it cost her. And knowing now what we do about Petra, that final is looking more and more like an even bigger lost opportunity. It's too bad the 2011 Maria and her serve still wasn't at the level it needed to be. If the Maria of now had shown up that year, she would have won the French and Wimbledon.

So as far as 2013 Wimbledon is concerned, I have hopes that we see a consistently good level over several matches from Maria that hasn't been there in quite a while at this tournament. She needs to silence the critics that have been saying grass has passed her by and she's too slow to handle the pace.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote