TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM   #3706
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
Losing to Hampton is no shame. Hampton is a very talented player who hasn't lived up to her potential until these last few weeks. She basically lost to a top 15 player on form (imo) The positives i take from the match is that Caroline's serve was great and she is hitting with more depth which gives her more winners. Her draw is good enough to make the 3rd round which should be tough (Hampton/Stephens/Petkovic)
You say Caroline's serve was good, but still at the end of the day she got broken 8 times out of 16 against an average returner. Maybe the serve wasn't the problem, her game was very bad was more of the problem, but it still doesn't paint a great picture.

Caroline won 3 matches this week for the first time since Indian Wells, in a way though I'd rather see an improvement in her level of her play. She got through playing some very average tennis vs some weak players, but ultimately if this is all she can bring to the table week after week, the only direction she is heading in is down. Of course you have the winning on your bad days is a good thing idea, but the problem for Caroline is, this isn't her bad days, this is her average day, this is how she has played for months. She's not a player just having the occasional off day scraping through, that is her level, long term she will struggle unless her level improves.
ozza is online now View My Blog!