TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Jun 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #780
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

I one thing I disagree with Maria about is the depth of the women's game. I think it's as thin at the top as it has been for a long time. Yes, maybe those players ranked in the 20-40 range provide tougher tests for the best players in the first, second or third rounds. But the top 10 itself, I find to be very poor overall. You have weak hitters like Woz, Agi, Kerber, and Errani and you have talened but inconsistent headcases like Li, Stosur, and Kvitova. Then you get to the top 3 and Maria and Vika should be very proud of their consistency and titles they've won. But with their combined record of 4-26 against Serena, it puts a damper on any excitement over a potential Big Three. So, overall, I am discouraged with how easy it's been for Serena over the past year and I would like to see more resistence from the supposed depth and talent of the WTA.

And I give Maria credit for her unwavering belief that she can still beat Serena despite the growing humiliation of their head to head record. If Maria thinks she's making progress, that's a great attitude to have. And while Serena may be a bitter person, I'm pretty sure Maria has her own pity parties inside her head in regards to her continued failures against Serena. Even though she maintains a calm exterior, I'd bet the frustration of the losing streak runs deep.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote