TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Let's have a constructive discussion on rape culture

View Single Post

Old Jun 20th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #22
country flag qqgeoxxh

qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of
Re: A balanced response to the Serena faux pas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Morgan View Post

How is this balanced? It's polite, but it's one sided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Morgan View Post
"I've been a prosecutor in Northern California for 17 years, and for the last four, I prosecuted sexual assault cases, including child molestation and adult rape. I cannot tell you how many potential jurors espouse views similar to Serena's: The victim of rape is somehow responsible for the crime because she put herself in a situation that made it easier for young men to commit crimes against her, and that the young men are somehow less responsible for their actions because the girl was drunk.
Speaking generally this is a source of misunderstanding. I don't think many people are arguing rapists are less responsible, just feel after the prosecution has occurred, calling out a victims foolishness, negligence or errors (all in an attempt to educate others to not make similar mistakes) is not unreasonable. Don't drink yourself unconscious, it's not safe.

Might be worn out on this topic actually...
qqgeoxxh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote