TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #2683
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Magicman View Post
Darn, Helen "I always bomb out @ Wimbledon in the 1st round" Kelesi was on a run to reach R32 and then faced Steffi on No. 1 court and got SO close to winning a game but was betrayed by the umpire. (at least that wouldve been her version)

She was so frustrated after the match that she crushed her Oakley Sun Glasses after the match with a foot. (I don't think a sponsor would love that too much).

Never gracious in defeat. I love her.
For all of Hurricane Helen's tantrums, she seemed to go into that match resigned to defeat. I think her quote was something like: "I hope I last longer than 39 minutes."

For the record, she didn't. Only took 35 minutes. No free pizza for you, Helen!

Steffi was like, There was nothing I could do about it, I don't mean to double bagel people, but I can't give them a game, either.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote