TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

View Single Post

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #879
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by salima View Post
Takk angliru!

For lettere å unngå skader, er man nødt til å trene fysisk ved siden av tennisspillet. Det er ikke noe mål i å få spillerne til å spille færre turneringer, målet bør være å få de til å tid til å trene mer basistrening/grunntrening for å forbedre styrke, spenst og smidighet (eller hva det nu heter på dansk!)
Thanks to you too for reading along. I'll reply in English this time though so international posters (if any?) won't feel completely unwelcome here

What you say is of course true. Practice/training is definetely an important part of the equation which is somehow not stressed clearly in my post (but needs to be stressed!). The number of tournaments is not important in itself. However, the more you play (matches/tournaments), the less time you have for training/practice. The key issue with ATK (LTAD in English) is really to balance training and match play properly. And this must always be done with consideration to the player's age: ITF, for instance, recommends that U12 players shouldn't play more than 50 or 60 matches per year.

The main reason for my somewhat misleading focus on tournaments as such is of course that The Danish Tennis Federation will enforce a dramatic change of the rules and their ranking system regarding allowed number of tournaments played. This was what led me to write the post in the first place.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote