TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #5084
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
For those of you who watched her Tashkent final, how do you think her performance today compares? After giving it some thought, I think Hantuchova deserves more credit for taking charge of more of the rallies (too much running by Donna). I do think it's handy that Donna can pull the reins in and be more consistent (like against Sanchez), but to beat a great ball-striker like Dani, Donna should have tried to dictate more, or at least get the first hit in a few more rallies.
I watched both of her finals, Begu was in control of the match because she was serving unbelievably well throughout both sets( 74% of first serves in), Dani on the other hand served well but she was on top of every rally,hitting through the ball very good, and she didn't give many chances Donna to dominate, also Donna wasn't good on return like the rest of the week which made her job even harder than it was. Not to mention that Donna had to play qualies in Tashkent and was too tired to put some resistance.