TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #2742
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Indeed. I wouldn't say Vika is a true power player in terms of how she plays. She's like a slightly slower, all be it a better reader of the game, more powerful Wozniacki (also granted Vika has a lot more feel and court sense). It's why Woz-Vika matches are always so interesting to watch. Sometimes I feel when people don't give Vika the pace she wants, she can struggle a little (such as Niculescu at AO).
Don't agree with the idea she struggles agaimst lack of pace. Vika hasn't lost to a non-agressive player since? Randwanska Tokyo '11? She loves to step in the court and dictate, she has no problem generating enough power. She's more a mid-power player who has developed the ability to play at 70%/50% if she's not feeling it and counterpunch if necessary. For me the closest comparison is a more powerful / earlier-hitting version of zvonareva. She has very little in common with wozniacki, apart from previous problems hitting her forehand cleanly Wozniacki's game is primarily about retriving and winning points she's not semingly in control of. Vika doesnt win many points from a negative startpoint, she's about dominating the points but not through outright power hitting. That's why on the rare occasions she's pushed behjnd the baseline she can look quite impotent (though this could be said of many players)