TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #2741
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchplay View Post
i think her timing of ball-striking is the most important part of her game. she seems to move better than she actually does because she takes so much time away from whoever she's playing and is subtly in control of most of the rallies she plays. never seen a player take the ball as early as she does and using her opponent's pace so effectively, whilst still being able to create some of her own. i love it
Indeed. I wouldn't say Vika is a true power player in terms of how she plays. She's like a slightly slower, all be it a better reader of the game, more powerful Wozniacki (also granted Vika has a lot more feel and court sense). It's why Woz-Vika matches are always so interesting to watch. Sometimes I feel when people don't give Vika the pace she wants, she can struggle a little (such as Niculescu at AO).