TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Photos of Petra Kvitova

View Single Post

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #2927
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Photos of Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
LOL, looks like Domi is a self-obssessed type, having a pic of herself on the wall of her living room

BTW, look at the great job that Petra's fitness coach Kristian Bajza has done on Lucie

She scares me from this shot a little.
Moreover, you cannot say this is work of her physio: firstly, because you don't know how he trains her and what is her training plan; secondly, because some say that he doesn't use pump-ironing. This could be simply (and matter of fact it has to be) work of Lucie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
The pessimist in me says that Lucie just has a different body type anyway.

The optimist in me says that if Petra gets in that sort of shape,with that BMI, she will completely dominate the tour, and wipe the floor with even Serena. Can you imagine?
Interesting points.
As you truly pointed, it depends on how similar are bodies of Petra and Lucie at this aspect. We already know that Petra had struggled with the transformation (from her older training system to the later one) and although it is quite soon to judge it (most of us do anyway, so... what a hell ). We haven't seen anything better in terms of Petra's movement or body shape than in the past, on top of that, many of us think that she looks in worse shape than she used to (although it is possible that it is caused by the transformation it self ), including my self
Better physical condition could be very good for Petra in overall scale. She could focus on other aspects such as the mental side, tactics, technique etc. But it is not all-solving. Lucie is great example how better physical condition can help a lot, but it also demonstrates that her major issue is her mental side (she makes easy mistakes when she should just hang in, she handles tough/important moments worse and tends to take a walk when things get really bad ).
Fortunately, we know that Petra is much better at this aspect but recent months showed us that everything can be improved (and it is possible because she did better mentally in the past ).
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote