TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #4953
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I will just add, because you're all so wonderful that I don't mind you guys knowing this stuff. It's not just the death of my mum that is responsible for my depression. I mean, it's the most important reason, but not the only one. I've also just heard a few weeks ago that my niece who I am close to has cancer, my boss hasn't paid me in six months because he has financial problems, there's a chance that soon I'll be out of a job, and as a result I may end up losing my house. I mean, my whole world is collapsing around me. Even the things that used to be fun no longer interest me.

I used to be a real music maniac. I have literally thousands of cd's - rock, pop, soul, classical, opera, jazz - I have it all and it used to be my life. Well, I haven't listened to a cd all the way through in months. Sometimes I try, but after ten minutes or so I turn it off because I just can't stand it anymore.

Even tennis - although I still like it, I get restless and impatient while watching it much, much more than I used to do. In the days of old I was a fanatic. Eight or ten hours of tennis in a row (if I had the time) - no problem! Bring it on! It used to be my idea of fun. Now I'm lucky if I can struggle through watching the matches of my faves. And even then my mind often goes wondering - "Oh no, my mum, my house, my niece, my job, etc." I know I sound pathetic, but it really is torture for me, I swear. That's also why you guys have been so important to me. You've really helped me to take my mind of things these past months. But having said that, I also have to admit that the negative aspects of TF upset me much, much more than they used to. I'm much more sensitive to it than I used to be.

And that's why I have to leave TF behind me. I can no longer afford myself to get upset about a load of crap while I have already so many real problems to deal with. But this is not a goodbye or farewell forever. You guys are too important to me for that. So every now and then some of you may receive a PM from me, if that's ok. Perhaps I may even become a legitimate participating member again at some point. When I get the mess that is my life at the moment sorted out. But that won't be anytime soon.

I know that I've already broken the promise that I made in my previous post, but on second thoughts I considered it only fair to give you guys a further explanation. Not that I want to discuss it any detail (and definitely not on a troll forum like TF), but at least you guys have now a better general idea of why I've come to this descision.
Chrissie-Fan I'm so sorry to hear all this. Really hope things get better for you and wish you all the best. (Although hopefully this isn't a goodbye and we hear from you once in a while, since you are one of the better posters out there). On the other hand although it's sad I think this is a very sensible decision for you. TF sometimes can have a negative effect, make losses harder and magnify the role tennis (which is supposed to be a sport you watch for fun) has in our lives. I'm sure being away from it all will help you, and although this must be really hard on you, just try to stay positive and things will eventually get better. Again I wish you all the best and you will be missed
Hopefully we will hear from you in a while with good news
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!