TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #4944
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post

I get where you're coming from though. A lot of the time this place can make following one of the most enjoyable things in my life (following tennis) seem like hell. Actually last summer I had several things going on that prevented me from logging in for weeks at a time, and I found then that after it I didn't really want to log in. I think I might gradually stop posting here, especially as on Twitter you can limit who you follow to other Maria fans so you don't have to read through all the hate. Just don't request a permaban if that's what you're intending, you'll never be able to come back or log on again, and you might find you want to, even if it's only to post in the player sub-forums or keep in contact with people by PM. But I get what you're saying, even though in the large scheme this forum doesn't have much significance to what happens IRL, reading/posting here can double your stress at times. With all that you have going on maybe a break could do you the world of good.

It would be a shame for you to go completely though, there are very few good posters left.
From a tennis standpoint, I can understand feeling exhaustion after awhile, dealing with the combination of frustrating Maria losses and the aftermath of mockery and hate directed at her from posters.

I feel it too and after the French final, I contemplated taking a break. But then I read NashaMasha's ridiculous post about Serena not being an all-time great and I couldn't help myself. So my break lasted all of 4 days. But when it gets to a point where I'm sticking up for Serena, that's not a good sign.

Big tennis picture, I don't know how much more I can take without saying "enough". Watching Maria work so hard to get to the end of tournaments only to have nothing to show for it because of Serena is frustrating. And if this becomes another Summer of Serena like last year, with Maria being left with more losses and Serena and her legion rubbing it in, that may be my breaking point, as much as I want to continue believing in her.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!