TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #48
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
So Maria is finally heading into greener pastures after her subdued and inconsistent dirt season...her clay game was the reason of her downfall on this surface last year, so hopefully a much more aggressive approach will be implemented this year. Masha's natural instinct is to bash the ball and not think about it twice. And this is the exact surface where this instinct has to be nurtured and rise again for Maria. That and her impoved net game of course. So I show the middle finger to all the doubters and say - GO FOR THE GLORY CHAMP!!!
I wouldn't say the clay season was too inconsistent... W, F, withdrew from Rome, F. But yes, I think she definitely had the grass on her mind throughout.