TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

View Single Post

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #46
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Depending on which side of the draw Serena is on, Maria will be a big favorite to make it to either the semifinal of final. I know she's really excited about this tournament and it is the one she's been pointing to all year, so I expect good things from her.

You also have to say that Wimbledon is the one tourney that brings the brainless ball bashers into play more than any other and that potentially could provide more landmines for Maria to get past. The speed of this surface and Maria's lack of mobility has worked against her in recent years and the Lisickis of the world can get hot and give Maria problems. It might be worth noting that only twice in Maria's career has she made it to back to back slam finals and only once in the same year. 2006 US Open/2007 Aussie Open and 2012 Aussie Open/2012 French Open. So even though she just made the French final, she hasn't exactly been great at sustaining momentum from one major to the next.

I know she got her retribution against Sabine at the Olympics, but I think she's more determined to excel here because it's her favorite tournament. So it'll be interesting to see what improvements she brings this year.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote