TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #2671
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

I also think knowing the history is great fun. All the best jokes and moving stories are in the details. The more you know, the more you can appreciate, which is why I'm trying to liberate as much information as I can. I hope that 25 or 50 years from now, if we and our technology have survived, the people who are interested in the history of tennis (or maybe just in the Zeitgeist of the end of the 20th century) will find some of these articles.

Youtube is even more useful. In the brave early days of the internet, it used to take me like four long paragraphs just to describe the action happening in one point. Now I can just say, watch the point at 2-1, 30-15, second set, 1988 Wimbledon final, and it's much more effective. Youtube is why I'm not surprised Steffi is still so popular as a player. Her matches stand up as "entertainment," like a movie you can enjoy again and again, even though you know exactly what will happen next (although I must admit that every time I rewatch the 1986 U.S. Open semi, I think, "Oh, Steffi will win it this time for sure." But she never does...).
Ms. Anthropic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote