TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #4858
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Visit the old Woz threads and you will find many, many more. I don't doubt that at least some of those type of posters are Gunther Parsche types who really have mental problems. I'm an old fart, so what do I know about how young people communicate on the social media these days, so I may read too much into that stuff. But it seems quite dangerous to me that the powers that be tolerate that sort of stuff. People can visit for example Caro's facebook page or twitter and say that they hope she will die a slow painfull death. And there are no consequences for this. If I put a letter in the mailbox of my neighbour with that type of message I'd probably get a visit from the cops.

But on the internet you can say whathever you want to whoever you want and nobody gives a fuck, and as a result of that it gets to be considered normal and the bar is put lower and lower. They create a sub-culture where it's ok to be a psycho. The psycho even gets the idea that it's cool to be a psycho because he gets a pat on the back for his deranged comments from his fellow psychos. Sooner or later something horrible will happpen and we'll be shocked to hear that one of these crazies actually acted upon his words. But can we be surprised if such a thing would happen? I don't think so.

Having said that, in the case of a lot of those type of posters it's all just an act. If they bumped into Maria Sharapova on the street they wouldn't say, "I hate you" but "can I have your autograph please?" And if she was kind enough to give it to them they wouldn't say "I hope that you die" but "thank you very much."
i agree! i mean i use to hate vika but even then i'd die for a pic with her.

Last edited by malarkist : Jun 10th, 2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typo
malarkist is offline View My Blog!