TennisForum.com - View Single Post - RG Chat Thread: Let them eat cake

View Single Post

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #388
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold
Re: RG Chat Thread: Let them eat cake

I can respect that. I can even respect people who do think Nadal is dull even if I don't get that. Some think he's a purely defensive, which is incorrect but whatever. It's okay to annoyed by his butt picking or water bottle obsession. All of this is just about finding a team to root for and a team to root against, which is a basic part of what make up sports. Most of the shade thrown Sharapova's way, while often juvenile and redundant, at least come from a place of some truth: she's a shrieker, she is kind of one dimensional game, she hasn't beaten Serena in forever and a day, her interactions with the media tends to be calculated, she is an ice queen. In Nadal's case I keep reading silly things like he's on roids (if he's on roids then half of the players on the ATP tour must be as well), his knees have had illegal bioengineering done on them, he's a Neanderthal because he doesn't speak English well (most of the Spanish players have had little interaction with English speakers at a young age. Nadal is better at the language than most of his fellow countrymen on tour. Nishikori spent a good deal of his youth in America, yet he hasn't mastered the language. No one calls him an idiot), and then there's off the wall crap like his gay fan base are scaring off straight fans. The Nadal hate just gets more and more ridiculous with time.

End of rant.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote