TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

View Single Post

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #1256
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
In order to win I think that Maria needed that 3-0 lead and then hope that Serena would panic. And she needed to try to get the crowd on her side as well. They were on her side and willing to root for her, but she didn't work them into enough of a frenzy to make them a factor. That's probably because the match was played at a very slow pace and because many just don't like the grunting. And because of her massive achievements of the last twelve months Serena has earned the respect of even the FO crowd as well, so even though most of them wanted Maria to win, they were not as fanatical or vocal about it as FO crowds tend to be.
I just think she wasted many opportunities she had in that first set and that was her only chance to win, by the second it was too late anyways. I think she did a good job at putting herself in a position to have a lead over Serena which is a step in the right direction but she still needs to learn how to take those opportunities like being 3-0 up and then after breaking Serena again she still couldn't take her serve. I think she put too much pressure on herself when at those situations which caused her to make more mistakes.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote