TennisForum.com - View Single Post - RG Chat Thread: Let them eat cake

View Single Post

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #386
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RG Chat Thread: Let them eat cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
More on the BS Nadal hate, because I don't feel safe ranting about it anywhere else.

I really resent the claim that Nadal wins based purely on his defense. Yes, when he's being pressured he can start to depend on his defense. But when he's confident he's always looking for his shot. His forehead, his defense, his smarts and his ability to hit winners from anywhere on the court- that is why he's the champion he is. I also don't understand how anyone can find his game dull. Because he doesn't go for winners on the second shot? He has the most specific and peculiar game on tour.
I'd consider myself a 'hater' but who cares? He just won his 8th French Open. Just be happy for that . He's not concerned with haters either - he's a wealthy and attractive man (I do think he is, when he's nowhere near a tennis court ) who's simply too busy to care.

Besides, yeah I do hate his game and on-court manner/'tics but at the same time I'm also rather jealous of him. For starters I'd love to have legs like his .

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote