TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #740
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMasha2008 View Post
Transcript of her interview after the Final:

Maria Sharapova – 08.06.2013

TENNIS - 2013 Roland Garros: S.Williams d Sharapova 6-4 6-4

Q. Last three service games, do you feel like it's almost inevitable she's going to be hitting lines down the T every single time?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I mean, obviously it's a little bit of confidence but also, I mean, we know she's going to be able to hit a big serve. I mean, I think if I was built like Serena I hope I'd be able to hit a big serve like that, too. I mean...

Q. That serve of Serena's is pretty darn good.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: You think?

Q. I think, yeah. What would you give to have that weapon?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I don't think that's something that ‑‑ I mean, it's irrelevant because it's not, you know. Serena is not Maria and Maria is not Serena. I don't like to think of it that way. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses, and that's what I have when I go out on the court.
I think it's pretty irrelevant to think what someone has, and maybe if you had it ‑‑ what ifs don't really matter in this sport.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...ova_2013.shtml
OK - so the "built" response does seem a bit shady and out of nowhere, but I get her frustration with having to keep talking about and praising Serena after 4 straight losses this year. I can totally imagine her rolling her eyes at the "you think" too. But it's hilarious that GM peeps are taking it as a sign that Serena has irreparably damaged Maria though. I mean everyone has things they say in pressers - doesn't mean it stays with them on the court.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote