TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

View Single Post

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #1235
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Well, back in January, I did say that I felt the major Serena would most likely win would be the French. When you look at the circumstances last year, losing to Razzano in the first round and then having to watch Maria win it to complete a career slam, that was all the fuel Serena needed to make RG '13 the top priority. Serena is at her most dangerous when she has something specific to motivate her.

This French Open was the most dominant she's been since last year's Olympic games. Nothing about this tournament surprised me.

It also wouldn't shock me if Serena's run through Wimbledon will be bumpier than the French, even though grass is her best surface, because that deep incentive isn't as great as last year or as intense as this year's RG. Then again, this is Serena we're talking about, so she very well could go out there and win every Wimbledon match 6-0, 6-1.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote