TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #737
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Transcript of her interview after the Final:

Maria Sharapova – 08.06.2013

TENNIS - 2013 Roland Garros: S.Williams d Sharapova 6-4 6-4

Q. Do you feel you played the best match you could do today, or did you have some regrets maybe after the great start you had of the match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't have many regrets in life actually. I try not to have any at all. It would be pretty tough to go about, you know, life ‑ whether I'm on the court or away from it ‑ if I feel like I didn't do enough at a certain moment in my life.
You have to move forward. And it doesn't matter, you know, how many times I have lost to a player or what situation I was in, whether I was up or down, how it ended or how it finished.
You move on. Of course I thought I earned my position to be in the final. I did put up a fight obviously today against her; it was not enough.
But she's been playing really great tennis. Certainly not an excuse, but she is playing extremely well.

Q. So what did you feel like you did well and what didn't you do well enough that allowed her to come through there at the end?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, 2‑0, 40‑15, 6 one. 4‑all, losing my serve right away in that game, you know, easy passing shot, first point. I know I'm nitpicking here, but these are moments against her that I feel that I should be able to take, because then she has no pressure going in and serving and being up a break, you know, at 5‑4, and, you know, serving harder than David Ferrer when he gets to the final of Roland Garros, you know, what I mean?

Q. Last three service games, do you feel like it's almost inevitable she's going to be hitting lines down the T every single time?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I mean, obviously it's a little bit of confidence but also, I mean, we know she's going to be able to hit a big serve. I mean, I think if I was built like Serena I hope I'd be able to hit a big serve like that, too. I mean...

Q. Do you come out of this match feeling like, i.e., I played her close, you know, I threw new things at her, I hung in there, I gave it my all, I fought, and that's a moral victory for you? Or do you come of out here thinking just, I lost; it's bottom line, black and white. I lost the match, and I can only be disappointed in that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I don't think that's black and white. It's a combination, obviously. Yeah, you lost and, you know, you can be really down about it. And I am because I'm a competitor and I'm a fighter and I don't train to lose. Nobody does. So of course I'm disappointed about that.
But that's the feeling that ultimately will make you work harder and make you think a little bit. Gives you more determination. So, yeah, I hope that that's what I take away from the match.
Of course the initial feelings after the match are of disappointment and are that you lost the match no matter how the match went.
Yeah, I will take a few little positives from this match.

Q. If you had reached 3‑0, do you think that it would have made a psychological turn in the match? And do you think that Serena is a person, a player, that against whom, when you have a game point at advantage or 30‑40, she's extremely hard to conclude the game point? Did you have a feeling like this, that it's hard to conclude a game point against her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, obviously to answer the first question I think, you know, 3‑0 is a little bit better and easier than maybe 2‑1, back on serve.
But, you know, maybe that will help you with the first set. Obviously that's not the match. I'm not saying that's the match. Don't get me wrong.
But, yeah, she's a competitor. She doesn't like to give free points and free games. No matter what the score is, she wants to win those games and those points, whether she's down a break point or up a break point or whatever it is.

Q. That serve of Serena's is pretty darn good.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: You think?

Q. I think, yeah. What would you give to have that weapon?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I don't think that's something that ‑‑ I mean, it's irrelevant because it's not, you know. Serena is not Maria and Maria is not Serena. I don't like to think of it that way. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses, and that's what I have when I go out on the court.
I think it's pretty irrelevant to think what someone has, and maybe if you had it ‑‑ what ifs don't really matter in this sport.

Q. What is the key to switch the focus and to come and play Wimbledon after a long buildup to Roland Garros and then the tournament?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I love all the tournaments that are coming up. I mean, especially Wimbledon. It's always, you know, the one that I always want to perform well at and the one that I always look forward to.
It's not like I really need someone to give me motivation towards that, because I always ‑‑ when I get to the grass I always feel that that motivation going into it.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...ova_2013.shtml