TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

View Single Post

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #1221
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I just hope we are not at the beginnings of another Serena Slam and a world record winning streak. That would make tournaments so boring. It just feels like 2002 all over again.
I hope Maria can put this loss behind her quickly and not let it bother her too much. Wimbledon and the US are coming up and she still has chances to win them. I don't favor her chances on grass as much nowadays because she's proven to be better on clay and slow-hard court in recent years. So I'm not sure if she can win Wimbledon, but I think if she has a good summer swing, she can be a contender for the US. She reached the semis last year, and i think she can play well enough on the medium fast stuff to get to another US final, and maybe win her fifth major. As for Serena, maybe she will have a letdown at some point this year. Despite her amazing success, she is 31 and is becoming more and more prone to surprise losses. If she gets knocked out early, it really helps Maria's chances.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote